We require a Spanish and English speaking social media coordinator to be responsible for maintaining and updating our social media accounts as well as establishing new social media channels to promote the work of Child Action Group (CAG). . We want a volunteer to help us take our social media work to the next level,
CAG supports and speaks out for Colombia's most vulnerable and neglected children and young people aiming to provide them with a decent start in life and a brighter future, by financing projects that supports and improve children’s wellbeing in orphanages and foster homes.
We currently have a Facebook page but are looking for this to be developed further and to maximise the impact and effectiveness it has. We are also planning to start using other social media tools such as Twitter and YouTube as part of the expansion of the organisations work in this area.
Requirements & Commitment:
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English
· A proactive approach with a real enthusiasm for news media
· Good understanding of social media – especially Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, and a natural ability to learn and develop new digital skills
· Highly motivated with a keen eye for detail and using one’s own initiative is crucial
· You will be required to dedicate 4 hours per week to this role and attend CAG meetings from time to time.
Your duties would include:
· Managing content through our social media sites on behalf of CAG
· Ensuring accounts are updated frequently and that messaging is timely and relevant.
· Maintain an interactive online presence for us and ensure that we present a personal and professional image
· Working with our web designer in the development of a newsletter
· Become an advocate of CAG in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
· Regularly feed back insights gained from social media monitoring, to help develop strategies to increase awareness about CAG
What's in it for you:
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to email@example.com with Social Media Coordinator as the subject.